Monday, December 7, 2015

Memories...???

Memories…

Watched a PBS special about memory/the brain. Perhaps I can understand slightly why Balboa didn’t want to publish my memoir. There is a chance that some of what I remember isn’t entirely “true” though it is my Truth. Each of us experiences reality differently and though the abuses I recall have made real pathways in my brain…I’m a writer, given to embellishment.
So I’m editing my book of essays. Much less revealing of the depth of abuse, but still, a memoir of sorts. Plus, let’s face it…just writing the first book helped me finish getting over any real or imagined abuses, so win/win!
That win/win is something I always seek. Found it!
Also whereas I only felt "done" when I sent in the manuscript for the book, NOW I feel "relieved"...again win/win.
All is well. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment